Oil supply from the USA was not a single step, the supply will continue within a long-term program. This was reported to journalists on Tuesday, Minister of foreign Affairs Vladimir Mackay.
On 11 June the first batch of American oil 77 thousand tons varieties Bakken arrived from Klaipeda by rail in Navapolatsk and started to enter the refinery “Naftan”.
“Supply of oil from the U.S. was not a single step, the supply will continue within a long-term program,” said Mackay, quoted by BelTA news Agency.
Mackay recalled that the head of state set a task to ensure at least 30% of oil supplies from alternative sources. “Working on it now tight structure of the “Belneftekhim” in close coordination with the foreign Ministry and other stakeholders,” said the Minister. According to him, “we need to look at the economy, to buy where it is cheaper”. “The bitter experience of the various economic crises, we came to the conclusion that diversification is a vital principle, the policy of our state”, – concluded the Minister.
Previously the foreign Ministry of Belarus said that Belarus considers cooperation with the United States in the oil sector as a significant element of energy security of the state. Mackay noted that the supply of American oil are part of a government strategy to diversify sources and ensure the stable operation of the oil refinery complex of Belarus in 2020 and in subsequent years.
The deal for the supply of oil was made with the participation of American energotreydera United Energy Trading, as well as with the assistance of the American company Getka and their Polish partner, UNIMOT. Commenting on it, Secretary of state Michael Pompeo said that the deal “strengthens the Belarusian sovereignty and independence, demonstrates that the U.S. is ready to provide trade opportunities for U.S. companies interested in entering the Belarusian market”.
Russian news Agency TASS