Symptoms, treatment and prevention of disease.
Ukrainians told how to prevent infection of hepatitis a, its symptoms and prevention.
About it reports the Center of public health in Facebook.
“Viral hepatitis And liver disease of viral origin, which may have both light and heavy flow. The hepatitis a virus (HAV) is transmitted through consumption of contaminated food or water. The risk of infection with HAV is associated with lack of safe water and poor sanitary and hygienic conditions. HAV is killed after 5 minutes of boiling. At room temperature in a dry environment it persists for weeks, in water from 3 to 10 months, stool up to 30 days”, — stated in the message.
Almost all of the infected recover fully from the CAA, however, occasionally there are cases when patients die due to too rapid progress of the disease. Ill with Hepatitis A receives lifelong immunity, and the only way to protect yourself is vaccination.
- severe General weakness and fatigue;
- the increase in body temperature;
- loss of appetite;
- discomfort in the abdomen;
- heaviness in the right hypochondrium;
- dark urine (the color of beer);
- jaundice (yellowing of the whites of the eyes and skin) — can be seen in 70% of adult patients.
- Observe good personal hygiene: wash hands before eating food and after using the toilet.
- Drink only boiled water should be boiled for at least 10 min.
- Wash vegetables, fruits, herbs and berries before use.
- Do not self-medicate. Only a doctor can diagnose viral hepatitis a and to give guidance on the regime and treatment.
- On the market are several injectable inactivated vaccine against hepatitis A.
- Manufacturers recommend two vaccine doses to ensure longer-term protection after vaccination (5-8 years).
- For children under the age of one year licensed vaccines are not. In countries with high endemicity the use of vaccines is limited because most of the adult population has natural immunity as a result back of the disease.